POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Sharp edges to illumination : Sharp edges to illumination Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Sharp edges to illumination
From: Thomas White
Date: 24 Oct 2000 17:19:29
Message: <39f5fce1@news.povray.org>
Almost the very first image I rendered consisted of a simple sphere lit from
three different directions with red, green and blue light sources.  When the
sphere is smooth, the different colours of illumination blend together very
smoothly.  The trouble is, when I add a bumpy texture with "normal { bumps
0.8 scale 0.2 }" I can see a definite sharp edge to the illumination that
should not be there.  What is going on?  The sharp edges do not follow the
contours created by the texture - they are just circular lines going around
the sphere.

Thomas